- Provide musical leadership for High Holy Day services which include: Erev RHS, 1st Day RHS, Kol Nidrei, YK Morning, Neilah (services are approx. 2 hours each, with no Torah or Haftorah chanting).
- Work closely with our Rabbi, including rehearsals as requested, to create and lead meaningful worship services.
- Share your enthusiasm for and knowledge of Jewish music – both contemporary and classic.
- Support a few congregants to lead parts or do duets.
- Be available to prepare worship with the Rabbi during the weeks and months leading up to the High Holidays.
- Positive, welcoming, spiritual, flexible, reliable and of course musical are just a sample of words that come to mind describing you.
- You share our vision to engage in joyful, participatory music and spiritually meaningful worship.
- Your voice is warm, pleasant and engaging. It is a delight to listen to you and sing with you.
- You are very familiar with HHD liturgy and have experience as a song leader in High Holiday services.
- You are comfortable singing both traditional and contemporary Jewish music.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, mp3 or online link for excerpts of singing/chanting prayer service portions, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Temple Micah
- We are an unaffiliated, egalitarian congregation in Lawrenceville, New Jersey serving the Jewish community of Central New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania since 1969.
- Our mission is to provide a warm and comfortable atmosphere where all individuals and their families and friends are welcome and can realize their own connection to Judaism, without financial burden.
- We are a “part-time” congregation offering monthly Friday night services, weekly religious school, and holiday celebrations.
- We have approximately 200 member households; with many interfaith families.
- HHD services are open to everyone and we generally have 200 - 300 people at each service.
- The Presbyterian Church of Lawrenceville has been our home for the past 50 years and we worship in its historic meetinghouse.