Part-Time Cantorial Help Needed
We are a small Reform congregation in exciting Jersey City, New Jersey (PATH accessible from NYC) looking for a part-time cantorial presence to partner and work with our rabbi toward our musical vision.
· Leading Kabbalat Shabbat/Friday night Services
· Leading Shabbat morning /B’nai mitzvah Services- approximately 12 next year
· Leading Tot Shabbat morning services with the Rabbi- monthly
· Bar/Bat Mitzvah Tutoring
· Teaching in our Religious School, Sunday mornings
· Leading our Junior Choir (after Religious School)
· High Holy Days and Select Holiday Services
· Participating and taking the lead duties in our Purim Schpiel
· Regular meetings with the Rabbi
Guitar skills a big plus. Tutoring begins June 2019; Service leading potentially begins September 2019.
We are happy to consider both students and ordained cantors with appropriate qualifications and experience.
Please send CV and applicable recordings to RabbiMoritt@betheljc.org
Small Reform congregation
Cantorial bimah experience; b'nai mitzvah tutoring/experience with children (Torah & Haftarah); pleasant singing voice; ability to chant Torah/Haftarah; guitar skills are a big plus.
Parsonage to the extent allowed by tax law.
About Temple Beth-El, Jersey City
We are a small but growing Reform synagogue in Jersey City, a thriving diverse urban city, just outside NYC. Our congregation reflects our city's diversity.