Congregation B’nai Emunah in San Francisco is seeking an interim rabbi who will provide spiritual, pastoral, and educational leadership and community building during our congregation’s time of transition.
The optimal interim rabbi candidate embodies our congregational qualities and ideals. She or he:
- Is friendly, warm, and welcoming to congregants and potential congregants of all backgrounds, as we pride ourselves on our diversity
- Is personable and able to engage our growing number of young families and children
- Is competent at conducting lay leadership-supplemented, participatory services
- Is adept at chanting Torah
- Is enthusiastic about creating and facilitating adult and children’s education opportunities
- Is creative in generating programming based on community needs
- Is flexible in working not only with our community’s lay leadership, executive director, and school director, but also with the other rabbis and leaders of the Southside Jewish Collaborative for collective programming
- Is open to embracing our community’s interfaith and inclusivity policies
Ordination from a recognized seminary; prior pulpit and community building experience is highly valued but not required
An egalitarian, USCJ-affiliated kehilla with a unique history, Congregation B’nai Emunah (“the friendliest shul in San Francisco”) is a growing, 125-member unit synagogue that provides opportunities to pursue Jewish knowledge, identity, observance, spirituality, and social justice within an inclusive, caring, and diverse community where everyone feels welcome and valued. We welcome those from all faith backgrounds and try to be responsive to individual and community needs.
Shais St. Martin, Executive Director
Congregation B’nai Emunah
3595 Taraval Street
San Francisco, CA 94116
About Congregation B'nai Emunah
We are a heimish, multigenerational community embracing the diversity of San Francisco. We love to schmooze, sing, and nosh.