Congregation Etz Chayim, Winnipeg’s largest conservative synagogue, is seeking a full-time Rabbi to fulfill the mission of the synagogue which is to harness the power of community and the strength of our roots to enhance Jewish life and spirituality through prayer, learning, ritual, Tikkun Olam, meaningful social connections, and engaging Jewish experiences.
The role of the Rabbi of Congregation Etz Chayim is to serve the religious, spiritual, educational, and emotional needs of the synagogue and the broader Jewish community of Winnipeg, Manitoba with inspirational leadership. The Rabbi serves as the public face of Congregation Etz Chayim and is instrumental in shaping the congregation’s religious and spiritual values for congregants and for the community.
- Ordination and/or appropriate post-graduate training is desirable.
- Non-judgmental and accepting, demonstrate a deep commitment to providing a welcoming, spiritual environment for our Jewish community.
- Learned in areas of Jewish religion, Torah, history, literature, culture, and spirituality, able to transmit significant knowledge of Torah to adults and children of all ages and levels of knowledge.
- Outstanding communicator, able to create and deliver sermons and teachings in a concise, passionate, meaningful, and relevant and educational way.
- Engaging and dynamic personality.
- Exhibit leadership skills.
- Friendly, personable, approachable, able to relate well to others.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the state of Israel.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to be inclusive of others for and in the best interest of the Synagogue.
- Three to five years of service as a pulpit Rabbi is desirable
A caring, welcoming, vibrant, engaged, and informed, egalitarian congregation sharing the joy of Torah and Jewish life with each other and from generation to generation. Consistent with the principles of Conservative Judaism, we honour Jewish values and practice; we help our congregants advance and celebrate their Jewish identity; and we enhance life for the entire Jewish community of Winnipeg. We help people find value in Jewish living – in the synagogue and beyond.