We are seeking a creative, engaging, entrepreneurial rabbi who is a collaborative self-starter and a compassionate community builder to join our team as our Northern Virginia-based community rabbi. Be part of a growing start-up that is at the cutting edge of the changing American Jewish landscape, based in a thrilling metropolitan center. Our workplace culture is supportive and flexible and fosters a unique work-life balance. The community rabbi will collaboratively serve those in the greater DC area. The position requires living in Arlington, VA. The community rabbi reports to and works in collaboration with Rabbi Aderet Drucker, our Executive Director.
- Build relationships with a vast and diverse network of individuals in their 20s, 30s, and 40s.
- Regularly collaborate with the Den staff team and community members to continue to develop our dynamic offerings.
- Create a variety of Jewish experiences, including (but not limited to) an array of classes, cohort experiences, Shabbat and holiday gatherings, and opportunities for music, ritual, and reflection.
- Provide pastoral care (rabbinic emotional support and spiritual counseling) to community members.
- Host community members in your home for Shabbat and holiday meals and experiences.
- Officiate life-cycle events, primarily weddings, baby namings/brit milah, and conversions.
- Connect with investors and community partners to further develop our Jewish ecosystem.
- Contribute to the development strategy and fundraising efforts of the organization.
- Be available to teach and speak in settings outside the Den within the greater Jewish community.
- Represent the Den Collective as a community rabbi in the Greater Washington area.
- Constantly advance your own learning and curiosity.
Rabbinic ordination required from a rabbinic seminary
At least one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) required or equivalent
Experience or training in community organizing preferred
Proficiency with sacred Jewish texts
A skilled listener with a high EQ
Strong written and verbal communication skills
An experiential teacher who is relatable, engaging, and able to draw clear connections between ancient Jewish wisdom and modern life
A self-starter who is highly motivated, reflective and open; comfortable with building their own daily workflow.
A collaborative spirit and a team player.
An entrepreneurial mindset, trying on new approaches and ready to take risks.
A warm host and a talented connector; enjoys building rapport and developing meaningful relationships with a wide variety of people.
Proficient with Word and Excel; experience with Salesforce preferred along with an openness to learning new software and technologies.
You have eligibility to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
What We Offer:
$90,000 - $110,000 (commensurate with experience)
Great benefits include: health insurance, retirement contribution, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), generous vacation and sick time, and parental leave
Awesome professional development, mentoring, skill-building opportunities, and continued learning
Flexible work hours
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - Please write “Community Rabbi” in the subject line of your email.
About The Den Collective
The Den co-creates a Judaism that is relevant, accessible, and deeply rooted in tradition in partnership with people throughout DC, Maryland, and Virginia. We foster intentional spaces of belonging and self-exploration, through one-to-one rabbinic relationships, deep learning, and customized experiences in intimate settings. The Den strives to be collaborative, experimental, transparent, and radically welcoming.