Temple Beth Tikvah is searching for a part-time Rabbi, and full-time spiritual leader for our Reform congregation. We are looking for a positive and outgoing individual with strong interpersonal skills, who will work proactively with TBT to maintain and foster a welcoming and inclusive community and maintain and grow our membership. The successful candidate will:
- Lead Shabbat services with a d’var Torah/sermon
- Lead holiday services, including High Holy Days, Sukkot, Simchat Torah, Chanukah, Purim, Congregational Passover Seder
- Officiate at life cycle events
- Lead services with B’nei Mitzvah on those weekends on which those might occur
- Provide pastoral and bereavement support for our members during troubling times, and celebrate with them during their joyful times
- Work with VP Education for the benefit of our religious school children
- Work with b’nei mitzvot students (children and adults) in preparation for their respective Bar/Bat Mitzvah
- Work with VP Ritual to develop Bar/Bat Mitzvah program
- Provide conversion instruction for those wishing to convert to Judaism
- Provide educational programs for the general congregation
- Write and provide timely columns for the TBT monthly newsletter
- Maintain office hours at TBT, at least one day/week
- Attend board meetings as scheduled
- Engage in outreach to foster and develop positive relationships with other Jewish congregations in the area, as well as congregations of other faiths, and the general local community
TBT's strength comes from its members, primarily our warmth and welcoming attitude. Kindness and inclusiveness are integral to Temple Beth Tikvah. We are blessed to have members with musical and dramatic abilities.
We are a congregation of approximately 50 family units, many of whom are inter-faith. Located in the Clear Lake area of Houston, our location allows for quick access to both Houston and Galveston, and all of the amenities afforded by those cities, as well as extremely close access to NASA's Johnson Space Center.
Our modern, one-story building was erected in 2001, on a beautiful multi-acre wooded lot. It includes a sactuary, classrooms, rabbi's office, kitchen and library. There is plenty of parking on site.
Our membership includes a diverse array of individuals and families, and we draw our membership from the many surrounding cities and towns of Pasadena, Friendswood, League City, Clear Lake Shores, Houston, and others.
- Rabbinic ordination from an accredited program
- Comprehensive religious knowledge
- Ability to speak, read, and chant Hebrew, well
- Strong work ethic and time management skills
- Positive and strong interpersonal aond leadership skills
- Abilith to play a musical instrument is not required, but is a plus
Temple Beth Tikvah
12411 Park Shadows Trail
Houston, TX 77058
About Temple Beth Tikvah
Temple Beth Tikvah's membership is an inclusive and welcoming group. We are comprised of both Jewish and Interfaith couples and their families. Our current membership is approximately 50 family units, which we would love to increase.
We are one of two synagogues in the immediate area, and the only Reform congregation between Galveston and Houston proper. We have had a strong relationship with the local mosque, as well as some of the local Christian congregations. These friendships have served our community well, especially in times of crisis.
Our members work in diverse areas of employment, including education, the arts, medicine, science (including NASA professionals), and service-sector positions. This diversity adds to the wealth of opportunities afforded our community.