Ronald C. Wornick Jewish Day School is a pluralistic Jewish community day school serving students in Transitional Kindergarten through 8th grade, located on the Peninsula of the San Francisco Bay Area. We are seeking a full-time Jewish Studies teacher for the elementary grades for the 2016-2017 school year.
Our school values caring, creative and self-reflective teachers who are open to teaching and learning using experiential, project-based, and innovative methods.
Our faculty creates supportive and rigorous learning environments so that our students can fulfill their academic and personal potential.
- Our ideal Jewish Studies teacher will:
plan, prepare, and deliver instruction that provides purposeful,
active, and engaging learning experiences
- have strong Judaic content knowledge, particularly around Tanakh and t’fillah
- work as part of a school-wide team that plans, facilitates, and leads t’fillah and holiday celebrations
- develop differentiated curriculum and create differentiated learning objectives for a wide range of learners
- have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- collaborate with colleagues across curricular disciplines
- be comfortable using technology in the classroom
- be excited to grow professionally
- have a degree in Education, Judaic Studies or a closely related field