Conservative Congregation of 250 families located 20 minutes outside
Washington, D.C. in Springfield, VA, is seeking an Education Director
to oversee the educational programming of our religious school
students pre-K through high school.● Purpose: To serve as the chief administrator of the religious
school (pre-K through B’nai Mitzvah), and of the teen program (post
B’nai Mitzvah through Confirmation, and beyond) in developing and
implementing policies, programs, curricular activities, and budgets in
a manner that promotes the educational development of each student and
the professional development of each staff member.
● Supervises all school personnel: Pre-K through high school teachers,
madrechim, and support staff.
● Provides in-services and other training opportunities which
facilitate the professional growth of the school staff and enhance the
quality of the instructional program.
● Individualizes and differentiates instruction to meet all
students’ academic, emotional, physical, and medical needs
● Identifies the annual school objectives/overarching curricular
theme for the school year
● Implements the latest innovative educational philosophies and
best practices in overseeing the development of instructional
objectives in Hebrew, Judaics, Jewish history, and Jewish values at
each grade level, and involves the faculty in the development of
specific lessons and special programs.
● Evaluates student progress in the instructional program by
means that include the maintaining of up-to-date student data. The
Education Director supervises and appraises the performance of the
● Facilitates Organizational Efficiency: communicates
effectively and maintains productive and positive relationships with
faculty, office staff, the rabbi, parents, the board, and the
● Orients and assists new staff and new students and provides
opportunities for their input in the school program.
● Encourages the use of community resources, cooperates with the
community in the use of school facilities, interprets the school
program for the community, and maintains communication with members of
the Jewish community of Greater Washington, as well as our interfaith
● Supplies and Equipment: manages, directs, and maintains
records on the materials, supplies and equipment which are necessary
to carry out the daily school routine.
● Reports to President, Administrative Vice President, and
Religious School Committee Chair on the Board of Directors
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 3 years progressive experience
Send resume and cover letter to RelEd@adatyeim.org.
All resumes will be reviewed when submitted and interviews will be held as needed.