Bernard Zell is an independent Jewish Day School for the 21st century.
We are looking for a Head of Jewish Studies and Jewish Life.
You will be a senior member of our leadership team. We will integrate the school’s mission and values into the day and year to cultivate joyful Jewish identities, teach young people to live Jewishly, and build a sacred Jewish community on a foundation of deep knowledge.
You will guide us as we re-imagine and strengthen the Jewish life and learning experiences within and outside our walls. This reimagining will be grounded in, and guided by, our mission as a non-denominational school that welcomes and inspires Jewish expression in all of its richness and diversity. Together, we will offer a Jewish experience that speaks to, engages and inspires our students and families.
You will lead the integration of Jewish learning into our general curriculum where it is appropriate to do so. Through this integration, we will immerse students in relevant and engaging Jewish learning. We will emphasize parent and family experiences. You will help us make our school the center of Jewish activities for all members of our community, and together we will become internationally recognized model. You will make a difference.
We believe that you:
- Have real passion for creative Jewish education in both formal and informal settings.
- Have experience in schools, understanding how JDSs work, but are always looking for new ways to do things.
- Take an open-minded approach to Jewish education and believe in integrating curriculum in exciting, relevant, and organic ways.
- Believe the best kinds of learning are happy, exciting, high energy, and transformative. You are dedicated but bring your sense of humor to work.
- Value diversity of opinion and build positive relationships.
- Inspire through articulate and authentic communication.
- Organize people and schools in a forward-looking and professional way.
- Hold a graduate degree and/or experience in Jewish Studies, curriculum and instruction, or a related field. You don’t need to be a rabbi, but we would be glad to talk to you if you are.
We are an equal-opportunity employer.
The Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School has a long-standing policy of equal employment opportunity for every person regardless of age, race, color, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry or citizenship.
We offer generous compensation and benefits packages.
Please contact via online application to learn more.
Please apply online by April 30, 2019 for consideration.
Graduate Degree and/or experience in Jewish Studies, curriculum and instruction.