We are looking for a Judaic Studies Teacher, Grades 6-8 for the 2018 – 2019 School Year at our Brooklyn school. All lessons will be instructed in Hebrew with focus on teaching Torah Shebikhtav and/or Torah She-Be-alpeh while cherishing and celebrating the existence of the modern State of Israel and supporting it through prayer and deed. Alongside the instructed subjects, high importance is placed on instilling in the children a passion for becoming independent lifelong learners and maintaining a love of learning throughout their life.
The school year is consistent with the Jewish calendar and closed during the summer.
· Head Teacher will design and maintain a classroom environment that facilitates active, hands-on learning, group management, self-expression and choice, and the inclusion of all children, parents, volunteers, and staff.
· Conduct morning prayer services
· Communicate with parents and school counselors on student progress
· Evaluate each student’s growth in knowledge and skills in the course being taught
· Cultivate core Jewish values such as kindness, respect, compassion, and integrity within students
· Participate in various student and parent activities which occur in school including PTA and student clubs.
· Familiarity with current technology and integrating it into the classroom and lesson plans.
Head Teacher should have a Master’s degree and hold certification and/or license in related field and preference will be given to candidates with 3 years of teaching experience. Should be fluent in Hebrew, and feel comfortable teaching in an Ivrit b’Ivrit school. May have Semicha Rabbinic Ordination in place of Master’s degree.
Wendy H. Overstreet
Magen David Yeshivah
2130 McDonald Ave. Brooklyn, New York 11223 United States