1. Solo Full Time Rabbi of a Reform congregation that recently celebrated its 126th anniversary.
2. Although we prefer a Full Time Rabbi, we will consider a Part Time Rabbi.
3. Position Description continues under Qualifications.
1. Beaumont and Southeast Texas serve as a petrochemical hub.
2. Healthcare comprises another major industry with three major hospital systems.
3. Lamar University is a four-year state funded institution located in Beaumont offering Baccalaureate, Master's, and Doctoral Degrees in various disciplines.
4. Beaumont is a major cultural area with the Symphony of Southeast Texas and The Art Museum of Southeast Texas.
5. Houston is within 85 miles and is home to numerous universities, museums, and a large Jewish community.
1. Education and training leading to ordination from HUC-JIR or Jewish Theological Seminary.
2. Be a role model of Jewish life by providing meaningful and spiritual worship opportunities and enthusiastically engaging all members.
3. The ability to serve an aging congregation that requires a higher level of pastoral care.
4. The ability to fulfill the role of the only Rabbi in a small distinguished southern city and the greater Southeast Texas Region.
5. The ability to provide high levels of youth and adult education as well as conversion classes.
6. The Rabbi needs to be able to develop individual education plans for Religious School children of various ages; including Bar/Bat Mitzvah preparation, Confirmation, and Hebrew school.
7. We need a Rabbi who will create a healthy, vibrant Jewish community environment with our congregation that encourages participation by all congregants.
8. He/she must have the ability to provide Shabbat/Holiday/Festival Services that are engaging to the congregation and up-to-date with current trends within the Reform Movement.
9. Rabbi must use the variety provided by the format of the Reform prayer book and offer a Torah service at least once per month.
10. The Rabbi needs to ensure Temple activities are at the forefront of his/her mind; however, he/she should also have a positive presence in the community at large and be an advocate for the Jewish community.
1. Percentage of pension in addition to salary: 15%.
2. Standard benefits to include health insurance and disability insurance.
3. Also includes convention allowance and car allowance.
Congregation Temple Emanauel
Beaumont, Texas 77701
About Congregation Temple Emanuel, Beaumont, Texas
1. Congregation Temple Emanuel's membership numbers 134 with the following demographics: 80%+ members ages sixty (60) and above.
2. There are five Religious School age children as well as two teenagers.
3. Adult Education programs have been offered on a quarterly basis in addition to weekly Torah Study on Saturday mornings.
4. Temple Emanuel members participate in congregational activities, Shabbat/Holiday/Festival Services at a high percentage level.
5. Temple members serve/have served on local, state, and national Boards.
6. Extremely loyal congregation that has the ability to accomplish most any goal.
7. Congregants have a strong commitment to maintaining a Jewish presence in the local community and the greater Southeast Texas region, thereby maintaining the rich heritage of our 126-year-old congregation.
8. Congregation Temple Emanuel as a whole and many congregants individually enjoy a high profile and a stellar reputation in the local community and in the greater Southeast Texas area.
9. Congregation Temple Emanuel has an extraordinary relationship with leaders of the Interfaith Community and the membership of those houses of worship as evidenced by our 'Love Thy Neighbor' Initiative.