Duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Leading Friday evening services twice a month which includes Tot Shabbat and a Family Service (lay-led on all other Fridays)
· Leading Holiday services and a community seder
· Providing pastoral counseling, visiting, and communicating with four generations of congregants.
· Participating in Torah School and Torah study, adult education, and tutoring B’nai Mitzvah students
· Conducting life cycle events for our congregants
· Becoming a member of our community by relocating to San Luis Obispo County
· Providing outreach and acting as a liaison to the inter-faith community
Congregation Ohr Tzafon is a Reform Judaism (URJ affiliated) synagogue with a membership of approximately eighty families. Our congregation is diverse, all inclusive and comprised of many inter-faith families. We are located in San Luis Obispo County on the beautiful central coast of California. We are home to over two hundred wineries, a stone’s throw from magnificent beaches to the west and mountains to the east. The values that guide us include family, community, education, tikkun olam and the study of Torah. This warm and welcoming congregation studies the wisdom and beauty of our religion, and celebrates our traditions and religious milestones together.
The ideal candidate would be musical and mindful of tikkun olam. Our community offers opportunities for furthering the candidate’s education or supplementing the candidate’s income by our close proximity to a major university, California Polytechnic University, and a highly regarded community college, Cuesta College. Our Rabbi will have a part-time administrative assistant to help with clerical duties.
About Congregation Ohr Tzafon
Please see above description.