The Jewish Association of the Philippines is located in Manila Philippines. We have been in existence since 1921. While a small, Orthodox community, it is very involved and active. We are the only community in the world that saved 1,300 Jews from the holocaust. We advertised in German newspapers. We had before the Pandemic 130 member families, around 500 people. There are more Jews in the Philippines that are not affiliated.
We need an Orthodox Rabbi with the following qualification:
1. Young married couple with one child.
2. Speaks fluent English and Hebrew
3. Is a shochet for both meat and chicken
4. Has a passion for teaching as we have a preschool and lessons for older children.
5. Can be Ashkenazi or Sephardic. We follow the Aleppo minhag.
About Beit Yaacov Synagogue
We are an active small community. Mostly Ex-Pats but some Filipino convert members.