The Associate Director of Event Operations is responsible for all logistical planning and on-site execution of AIPAC’s national events, including AIPAC’s annual Policy Conference, monthly Board of Directors Meetings, international missions and a host of other varying-sized events.
Lead and manage 7+ person Event Operations team.
Manage all logistical arrangements for AIPAC’s annual Policy Conference including venue selection, catering, audio-visual, information technology, security and transportation.
Assist other AIPAC departments in their event planning needs, including venue and vendor selection, scheduling, budgeting and on-site event management.
Research, contract and cultivate relationships with industry vendors to provide all types of conference-related services.
Recruit, train and deploy junior staff, on-site event personnel and interns
Research and explore new and innovative meeting and presentation technologies to continually improve AIPAC’s national and regional events.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of event, catering, and/or hospitality industry experience.
- Experience managing a team of people.
- Experience running large-scale events.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to instill confidence and empower staff members.
- Ability to comprehend and execute a plan to achieve the overall objectives / mission of the department.
- Strategic thinking and problem solving with the ability to creatively conceive solutions to meet emerging challenges.
- Ability to cultivate strong working relationships with vendors and hospitality industry professionals.
- Calm, steady decision-making in high-stress situations.
- Attention to detail and commitment to consistent quality, combined with the ability to grasp both the big picture and fine points of a project.
- Ability to implement and follow consistent work-flows, including software and human systems.