- New Position: Newly merged Reform and Conservative congregations; must be familiar and comfortable with both traditions
- Perform Friday night Reform; Saturday blended Conservative service
- Perform blended holiday services
- Visit hospitals, nursing homes, and rehab centers
- Current congregation = 300, mostly older adults
- Major emphasis on outreach, recruiting new younger members from surrounding community; Strong expectation to build membership; opportunity to grow with congregation financially
- Conduct limited number of educational programs and write monthly article for Village newspaper
Our synagogue is located in Century Village of Pembroke Pines, in western Broward County, Florida (west of Fort Lauderdale.) Surrounding community has many "empty nesters" who want to stay active in a synagogue and avoid large membership fees. Our membership fee is very modest. Because of changing demographics, we are conducting an active outreach campaign to the surrounding neighborhoods, especially 45+ adults.
- Must be ordained rabbi
- Experience with both Reform and Conservative congregations
- We are a singing congregation; must be able to lead the singing of many prayers
Rabbi's discretionary fund
About Village Reform Congregation and Century Pines Jewish Center
Our current community is made up of about 300 people, 100 of whom are from the conservative synagogue and 200 from the reform synagogue. We have some younger members and most are in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, with 2 members over 100. New members are 45-55. We have a marketing program, based in social media, to do outreach to the surrounding neighborhoods focusing on people 45+, who no longer need programs for children and are interested in being active in a Jewish community. We blend Reform and Conservative traditions to provide a meaningful Jewish experience. We have an active Sisterhood, Men's Club, Chavurot, Religious Affairs Committee, and Tzedakah Committee, which organized programs, trips, and "fun"raisers. Our services are interactive and filled with congregational singing. Our goal is to maintain egalitarian Judaism here.