The VP, Field Advancement and Advocacy is a key leadership position within
Prizmah, leading our work in building and advancing the day school field,
complementing Prizmah’s other work as a service provider to schools. This individual
must be a champion for — and advance a focus on — organizational learning,
knowledge management, innovation, and a networked approach to advancing
Prizmah’s vision and mission. The VP will build and supervise a team with
responsibility for making the case for — and raising the profile of — Jewish day
schools; for forging and maintaining networked relationships among and with the lay
and professional leaders at Jewish day schools and with other key players in the field;
for facilitating, supporting, and collaborating on high-value research; and for
advocating within the field for the value and importance of collecting, understanding,
and using data.
The Field Advancement and Advocacy department works with the network of schools
in the collective; seeking ways to capitalize on the knowledge and resources that
resides within that collective while identifying those areas where the collective is
looking for new answers or is facing new challenges. Programs, research, events that
emanate from this department will seek to advance the field of schools as a whole
rather than a particular school.
The VP, Field Advancement and Advocacy will be a part of the Leadership Team of the organization and will work in close partnership with the CEO.
- Lead the development of Prizmah as an exceptional networking organization, bringing together professional and lay leaders across North America.
- Provide strategic vision for building support for and advancing the day school field, through research, conferences, convenings, training, and partnerships – including the Prizmah North American Day School Conference.
- Work to create and implement the vision for Prizmah’s role as a thought leader in Jewish day school education.
- Create national-level partnerships with other Jewish education organizations, Jewish national organizations, independent and faith-based national education organizations, and the education sector more broadly.
- Provide strategic oversight of Prizmah’s portfolio of conferences, convenings, and online learning and networking opportunities.
- Provide leadership in developing Prizmah as a membership-based organization.
- Together with the Leadership Team, create structures and systems for cross-functional integration across Prizmah.
Experience and Qualifications
The successful candidate for this position will bring:
An undergraduate degree-an advanced degree in education or social sciences
10+ years of leadership, and management experience, including complex
management environments with different teams working effectively together
Knowledge of the Jewish community and its various customs and trends
Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment
Strong collaborative nature and skills, and a commitment to building a strong,
positive team culture delivering results
Facility with data and research tools and comfort with technology as a tool
for field advancement
Successful experience working within a senior staff team
Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and presentation skills
Ability to manage complex relationships and multiple priorities
Outstanding diplomatic, negotiation and ambassadorial skills
Experience hiring and managing people, including employees, consultants
Some travel involved
Prizmah: Center for Jewish Day Schools was founded in 2016, with a mission to
transform the North American Jewish day school landscape. Prizmah provides day
schools with tools to foster the educational excellence, financial vitality, and
community support that will make day school education the first choice for Jewish
Five of North America's leading day school organizations - PARDES (Day Schools of
Reform Judaism), PEJE (the Partnership for Excellence in Jewish Education), RAVSAK
(Jewish Community Day School Network), Schechter Network and the Yeshiva
University School Partnership (YUSP) came together to form a single, integrated
North American Jewish day school organization to meet the diverse needs of Jewish
day schools in fresh and innovative ways.
The new organization offers programs, services and networking opportunities to
benefit the more than 375 Jewish day schools and nearly 100,000 students previously
served by its founders. Prizmah works directly with schools, cohorts of schools,
Jewish federations and individual professional and lay leaders to strengthen skills and
build capacity in areas of teaching and learning, leadership, governance, affordability
and school finances.
Prizmah’s vision is of a thriving, passionate, engaged, and committed Jewish
community – nurtured by Jewish day schools – for generations to come.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please
include VP Field Advancement and Advocacy in the subject line.