HMI’s educational methodology is to engage couples in an open-ended inquiry into how they can connect to the Jewish people and how they will incorporate Jewish values and traditions into their families. HMI also seeks to foster the development of community among participating couples and, as appropriate, participation in the broader Jewish community.
One of the key elements of the Honeymoon Israel model is that each trip cohort is accompanied by a local Rabbi, whose main responsibilities on the trip are to informally engage with the twenty participating couples, lead two Shabbat experiences and co-facilitate meaningful group conversations with the local Honeymoon Israel staff leader. After the trip, the Rabbi is central to facilitating ongoing community development among the HMI couples. Rabbis are sourced from the same city as the couples, and their role with Honeymoon Israel should complement their full-time position in the community. HMI is currently testing various models of working with Rabbis in different cities.
Honeymoon Israel is seeking a full-time professional, who has Rabbinical Ordination, for the role of Vice President, Experiential Jewish Education. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the evolving educational vision of Honeymoon Israel. This person will also be responsible for recruiting, training and managing Honeymoon Israel Rabbis throughout North America.
This position is open to candidates located in the USA and will operate from a “virtual office.” This position requires extensive domestic and international travel.
- Designing and implementing a robust HMI Rabbi “program,” including testing different models in different HMI cities and developing a logic model with expected inputs, outputs, and outcomes
- Recruiting and overseeing a team of Rabbis in coordination with local staff and partners
- Developing and curating Honeymoon Israel educational materials and curricula
- Planning and implementing local and national training and convenings as needed
- Creating and managing a “community of practice” including other Rabbis and HMI Advisors and recording and sharing best practices on an ongoing basis
- Liaising and collaborating with Rabbinical schools to create a pipeline program for rabbis in training
- Representing HMI to the synagogue movements, local communities, and other organizations
- Sharing HMI’s educational learnings and strategies to the Jewish community more broadly
- Rabbinical Ordination /S’micha
- Excellent track record building and managing teams
- Significant experience in project management
- 4-6 years of full-time experience working with young couples/young adults with particular focus on under-engaged/unaffiliated populations
- Extensive experience in informal Jewish educational settings;
- A “Jewish peoplehood” orientation with an emphasis on being inclusive of interfaith couples;
- Skilled at pastoral counseling, especially for young adults/couples;
- Experience leading groups to Israel or facilitating other Jewish immersive educational experiences;
- Familiarity with facilitating and explaining Jewish spiritual experiences
- Deep knowledge of Jewish history, ritual, culture, Israel;
- Ability to work remotely;
- Open to pushing and redefining the boundaries of Jewish life
- Ability to work in and exercise leadership as part of an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, high-functioning team
- High-level writing and communication skills
Please submit resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with “VP, Experiential Jewish Education” in the subject line.