We are seeking a creative, engaging, entrepreneurial rabbi who is a collaborative self-starter and a compassionate community builder to join our team as our Northern Virginia-based community rabbi. Be part of a growing start-up that is at the cutting edge of the changing American Jewish landscape. Our workplace culture fosters a unique work-life balance that is supportive, compassionate, and based in a thrilling metropolitan center. This position requires living in Arlington, VA, and reports to the Executive Director.
- Rabbinic ordination required
- At least one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education preferred
- Experience or training in community organizing preferred
- Proficiency with sacred Jewish texts
- A skilled listener with a high EQ
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- An experiential teacher who is relatable, engaging, and able to draw clear connections between ancient Jewish wisdom and modern life
- A self-starter who is comfortable building their own daily workflow
- A collaborative spirit
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Comfort and interest in hosting and home hospitality
Great professional development, mentoring, skill-building opportunities and continued learning opportunities
Flexible work hours
About The Den Collective
The Den is a collective of people creating a Judaism that is relevant, accessible, and deeply rooted in tradition throughout the greater DC area. We seek to build spaces of meaning that invite people to deepen their connection to Judaism, feel part of a community, and enrich their lives. The Den strives to be collaborative, experimental, transparent, and radically welcoming.