Rabbi, part-time, to provide spiritual leadership, child and adult education, religious services; enhance the vitality of our congregation; and enrich our Jewish experience.
- be an ordained rabbi
- demonstrate ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds effectively and respectfully
This includes a private bedroom with bathroom, a private meeting space, as well as access to kitchen facilities, all within our synagogue.
Submit cover letter (including a description of your Jewish leadership experience), resume, and 3 professional references addressed to Temple Beth El’s President Ken Sider: email@example.com
About Temple Beth El of Oneonta
Temple Beth El is an egalitarian, USCJ-affiliated congregation located in Oneonta, NY, a small rural city, with two colleges. We are the only synagogue in the region and have been serving the Jewish community since 1935. Our membership represents diverse backgrounds and is comprised of approximately 60 families who reside within a radius of approximately 45 miles.
The ideal candidate will be immersed in our Temple community up to two weekends per month, September through June. Duties include, but may not be limited to:
• leading Shabbat, Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur services that are meaningful and engaging;
• guiding a Sunday School educational program that cultivates the children’s interest in Judaism, including interacting directly with the children and parents;
• providing adult education on Saturdays that is enriching and fosters practicing, learning and enjoying Judaism;
• planning and officiating holidays, celebrations and life-cycle events;
• communicating with Jews, interfaith families, children, adults, and the community at-large in a welcoming and compassionate manner.