Part-Time Cantorial Help Needed
About Temple Beth-El
Temple Beth-El is a growing Reform congregation located in Jersey City, NJ, a proudly diverse and urban community located right across the river from Manhattan an accessible by PATH and other various modes of public transportation. Our congregation is over 150 years old and our beautiful historic building is almost 100 years old. Our congregation has approximately 185 families and expects to grow in the coming years. We currently have approximately 80 K-7 children taking part in our Sunday morning (9.30a-12p) school program. In addition to our diversity, we are known for our warm, down-to-earth approach.
Our part-time cantor will partner and work with our rabbi toward our musical vision with the following responsibilities:
• Leading Kabbalat Shabbat/Friday night Services (3 Fridays/month)
• Leading Shabbat morning services on the mornings in which we have a B’nai mitzvah Service (4-5 b’nai mitzvah in ‘20-‘21; 21 b’nai mitzvah in ‘21-’22)
• Leading Tot Shabbat morning services with the Rabbi- monthly
• Bar/Bat Mitzvah Tutoring
• Teaching in our Religious School, Sunday mornings
• Leading our Junior Choir (after Religious School)
• High Holy Days and Select Holiday Services
• Participating and taking the lead duties in our Purim Shpiel
• Regular meetings with the Rabbi
Guitar skills a big plus. Position begins July 1, 2019
We are happy to consider both students and ordained cantors with appropriate qualifications and experience.
Please send CV and applicable recordings to RabbiMoritt@betheljc.org
Small Reform Congregation
Student with experience or ordained cantors will be considered.
About Temple Beth-El, Jersey City
We are a small but growing Reform synagogue in Jersey City, a thriving diverse urban city, just outside NYC. Our congregation reflects our city's diversity.