Temple Beth Am Day School of Miami is looking for an extraordinary Early Childhood Director to continue the School’s path of student population, curriculum, and organizational growth. The first thing that you will notice when you visit our large, well-equipped campus is that our nursery-and-elementary school is bursting at the seams. We are one of the very few overflowing and still-growing Jewish schools in the United States. Parents and children come from around South Florida to join our community because they are passionate about our nurturing environment, our qualified and creative educational professionals, our beautiful campus setting, and the integrity of expression of our tradition and values. In order to accommodate our growth and that of our parent synagogue, we are currently building an even-more-advanced, state-of-the-art facility.
We are a leading Jewish day school in the US and have grown significantly over the last five years.
- Affiliation: Our affiliated Reform synagogue has expanded from 1,000 to 1,500 families
- Growth: Our Early Childhood program has grown from 160 to over 200 students
- Faculty: Over 40 faculty members, all of whom have relevant degrees, have enthusiastically adopted advanced practices and philosophies
- Community: Our engaged and well-resourced community serves as the center of Jewish life for South Florida. We are in the process of enhancing our infrastructure and position with a $50 million upgrade to our Day School, including significant investments in EC classrooms, art rooms, performing and athletic facilities, and STEM spaces
Watch our video! https://vimeo.com/202977417
Exciting things are happening each day at our school! On campus, you will see a dedicated and experienced faculty who truly enjoy teaching. Children are learning in a safe and nurturing environment and are being challenged to fulfill their potential in stimulating classroom settings.
Working in partnership with our parents, Temple Beth Am Day School fosters a love of learning, a strong sense of Jewish identity, and a responsibility to their greater community.
In our Early Childhood Center, children are provided with a warm, secure environment in which developmentally appropriate activities enhance their natural ways of learning, stimulating their minds, bodies, imaginations, interests, and literacy.
In our Elementary School division, our students pursue a challenging integrated general and Jewish studies curriculum through which they develop the curiosity and initiatives that promote collaboration, academic pursuit, research, positive self-esteem and encourage the desire for continuous learning.
You are cordially invited to share in this stimulating day school experience.
Our next EC Director will be the face of our program, encompassing several key aspects.
- Curriculum: You are responsible for the curriculum of classrooms from 15 months through Pre-K. You set expectations at each grade level and measure performance against those standards. The School has selectively incorporated concepts from various curricula to stay current with progressive teaching methods.
- Administration: You maintain our school accreditations. Along with your team, you keep the school organized, aligned, and safe at all levels. It is your mission to handle the logistics and details that meet and exceed the community's standards.
- Supervision: You lead an unparalleled team of teachers in the Early Childhood division of the day school. You give them scheduled, formal feedback and informal feedback that helps them grow while feeling supported in their work.
- Communication: In addition to planned written and oral communication, you are the person whom early childhood teachers and parents’ approach with potentially challenging situations, and you handle them with warmth and grace.
You are at the very top of your field in both qualifications and disposition.
- You have a track record of success in comparable positions. You have ambitious standards that originated during your years in the classroom; they also reflect your high level of knowledge of early childhood curriculum and practices. You have cultivated a people first environment where professionals love to come to work to collaborate every single day.
- You probably hold an advanced degree in early childhood education or educational leadership. More importantly, you model lifelong learning for your teachers and students through ongoing formal education, informal education, and a deep spirit of reflection.
- You exemplify professionalism, polish, and empathy for all those who know you. You understand the value of growing a positive relationship with a well-resourced parent organization.
In exchange for all of these qualities and qualifications, we offer you an unparalleled place to work and people with whom to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity.
We are proud to offer generous compensation packages and benefits -- including tuition reduction -- befitting a top professional in the field.
South Florida also presents a unique opportunity for both young families and established professionals. Miami offers year-round outdoor activities, moderate cost of living (including no state income tax), and a highly inclusive Jewish community spanning across all age groups.
We would also be delighted to be able to help partners provide professional opportunities in South Florida if appropriate.
Deborah R. Starr, Ed.D.
Head of School
Temple Beth Am Day School
The Janet z”l and Richard Yulman Campus
5950 N. Kendall Drive, Pinecrest, Florida 33156
Main 305.665.6228 ext. 113
About Temple Beth Am
Temple Beth Am, the House of the People, was founded in 1955, and is located in the Village of Pinecrest in South Miami-Dade County.
Open to all, we are a nurturing and caring Reform congregation committed to Jewish continuity, life-long education, spiritual renewal, life-cycle transitions, Shabbat and holy day celebrations. Beth Am offers religious, educational, cultural, social and athletic programs that meet the dynamic needs of our community.
Both the Temple Beth Am Day School and the Temple Beth Am Religious School, with their cutting edge curricula and excellence in the areas of general and Judaic Studies, enhance the academic and religious development of our children.
Our continuous desire to honor our traditions and embrace a full spectrum of Jewish life led us to the construction of a new Home for Our Heritage — The Janet z"l and Richard Yulman Campus — connecting Jews to Judaism and each other for generations to come.