The primary and essential duties/responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Be a lead teacher for students in Grades 2-5
- Teach Limudei Kodesh, including: Chumash, Halacha, Chagim, and Parshat Hashavua
- Lead an engaging Tefila
- Collaborate with colleagues within and across subject areas
- Help plan full school holiday programs and attend school functions including Shabbatonim
- Fulfilling other non-teaching duties as assigned by the Head of School
The successful candidate will have the following skills and dispositions:
- A love of children and a passion for teaching
- A belief in Modern Orthodoxy as a wholehearted expression of Torah values
- A love of Talmud Torah, and a desire to be a lifelong learner
- A desire to grow as an educator
- Patience and empathy with children and colleagues.
- Be self-reflective, able to work independently, and committed to professional growth.
- Possess a ready and willing sense of humor.
- Possess an understanding of current teaching pedagogies and adolescent development
- Model flexibility in both implementing best learning practices and pursuing success for each student
- Personalize instruction and assessment to maximize student learning.
- A comfort with multi-age and center-based learning
- Develop excellent classroom culture incorporating the use of fair and consistent standards.
- Develop lessons that engage students in higher order thinking
- Provide a safe learning environment in which students can take intellectual risks
- Create an environment that fosters a growth mindset
Striar Hebrew Academy is a co-educational, Modern Orthodox elementary school, serving children in nursery through 5th grade.
• 2-5 years teaching experience
• B.A., Master’s Degree in education or a related field, or Smicha (or smicha equivalent).
• Able to pass state and federal background checks
• Clear TB and criminal background check upon hire
About Striar Hebrew Academy
At Striar Hebrew Academy, we build community and better the future, one child at a time. We embrace Modern Orthodox Judaism as the wholehearted expression of Torah values and commitments through broad participation in the world. As a community of diverse individuals with shared values, our interpersonal, communal, and environmental relationships are governed by צדק (justice) and חסד (loving-kindness).
We offer an outstanding education in the joyous context of Torah and אהבת ישראל (love of Israel), with equal emphasis on excellence in general and Judaic studies. Our teaching and learning engage the full range of our students' abilities, talents, and interests, providing them with the tools to explore and discover, as each child develops an integrated and confident sense of self.