A Rabbi who will be the leader of our religiously diverse community (many member spouses are not Jewish). We are looking for someone who will lead us spiritually in educational discussions and may ultimately consider relocating to our island permanently.
1) Accept a diverse religious community
2) Officiate interfaith and same-sex marriages
3) Facilitate Jewish conversion of adults/children
4) Officiate at funerals and shiva
5) Be spiritual in group discussions
6) Plan Shabbat and holiday services
7) Actively build community within the congregation by organizing activities and connecting congregants
8) Teach education classes to adult community
9) Hold office hours for congregants
10) Respond sincerely and compassionately to congregants’ major life changes and crisis.
We are a small but close knit community who are more cultural than religious on the island of St. Croix, in the US Virgin Islands.