The Jewish Federations of North America (“JFNA”) represents 147 Jewish Federations and over 300 Network communities, which raise more than $ 3 billion annually for social welfare, social services, and educational needs. The Federation movement, collectively among the top 10 charities on the continent, protects and enhances the well-being of Jews worldwide through the values of tikkun olam (repairing the world), tzedakah, (charity and social justice), chesed ( caring and compassion), and Torah ( Jewish learning). Each federation operates as an independent non-profit and range in size from single person shops to 400 person non-profits.
The Mandel Center for Leadership Excellence at the Jewish Federations of North America provides resources and expertise to source, develop and retain the highest quality professional and volunteer leadership that collectively will help the Federation system adapt to multiple changes and challenges over the next decade. The Mandel Center is building its staff team to launch a new comprehensive strategy. The Senior Director will be a core part of this exciting initiative, responsible for working with the VP to develop and implement the strategic direction of the Mandel Center’s leadership and organizational development work. The person in this position will design and deliver leadership development programs, provide executive coaching for senior Federation professional leaders, and oversee other practitioners. The Senior Director will also serve as part of the consulting team for individual CEOs and Federations on leadership and organizational development issues. This position will report directly to the Vice President, Mandel Center for Leadership Excellence.
- Provide content, delivery, and supervision of leadership development programs offered to the Federation system.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the area of leadership development, organizational development, and culture change.
- Develop curricula for CEO, senior professional, and early career development programs.
- Manage collaborations with partners to oversee and upgrade the Yesod Volunteer Leadership Development initiative and develop additional board leadership development curricula.
- Serve as a resource to federations as part of the consulting team working with CEO’s and their teams, focused on shifting and strengthening Federation cultures.
- Working cross-departmentally at JFNA, create leadership development content and serve as a resource for key JFNA programs
- With the VP of Mandel and in collaboration with HR, develop and launch internal JFNA talent development programming.
- Help oversee the creation of talent sourcing and career counseling capacity.
- Master’s Degree in organizational development or related field
- 10 years of professional experience in talent development, developing, managing and facilitating leadership programs
- Skilled and engaging facilitator of workshops and coaching individual leaders
- Commitment to JFNA’s mission
- Knowledge of non-profits
- Certification as an executive coach
- Experience with culture change work a plus
- Experience with career pathing, career coaching, and talent sourcing a plus
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Creative, flexible and a self-starter
- High emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Must work effectively with a team and demonstrate excellent supervision skills