The Senior Director for Youth and Family Programs is responsible for working with a cross-functional team to develop the vision, priorities, and goals that establish the 14th Street Y as a premier destination for Millennial families. This position will oversee a department that includes New Country Day Camp, the 14th Street Y’s on-site After School Program, programs for young people with special needs and their families like Kol, and core programmatic aspects of the Downtown Jewish Life initiative, including Family Education in 21st Century Chavurot. Coordinating core aspects, policies, and best practices across this new Department, the Senior Director for Youth and Family Programs will ensure consistency of high-quality services, and deep connection, for young people entering kindergarten through college, and their families.
SCOPE OF INFLUENCE
Envisions and oversees Youth and Family Programs at the 14th street Y, including, but not limited to:
NEW COUNTRY DAY CAMP
- Supervises Camp Director.
- Oversees annual program evaluation of New Country Day Camp.
- Supports programmatic fundraising initiatives associated with New Country Day Camp
- Oversees development of stakeholder and family engagement strategies for New Country Day Camp, including affinity groups, 21st Century Chavurot, Camp Parent Leadership Team, and others.
- Supervises After School Director.
- Oversees bi-annual program evaluation of After School Program.
- Supports programmatic fundraising initiatives associated with After School.
- Oversees development of stakeholder and family engagement strategies for After School, including affinity groups, 21st Century Chavurot, After School Parent Leadership Team, and others.
- Develops relationships with local schools, and school leadership, in order to assess off-site programmatic possibilities.
- Oversee services for school age young people with special needs and their families.
- Oversees bi-annual program evaluation of Kol Program.
- Supports programmatic fundraising initiatives associated with Inclusion
- Oversees development of stakeholder and family engagement strategies for special needs community, including affinity groups, 21st Century Chavurot, Parent Leadership Team, and others.
- Support grant compliance, stewardship, and development.
DOWNTOWN JEWISH LIFE
- Oversee Youth and Family Programs’ Community Catalyst.
- Coordinate 21st Century Chavurot cohorts connected with Youth and Family Programs, and other Departments, including Early Childhood.
- Oversees program evaluation of 21st Century Chavurot.
- Supports integration of Jewish learning across Youth and Family Programs, and other departments at the 14th Street Y.
- Supports programmatic fundraising initiatives associated with Downtown Jewish Life.
- Develops relationships with Downtown Jewish Life partners in order to assess programmatic collaboration and coordination.
- Support grant compliance, stewardship, and development.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Hire, coach and provide informal and annual formal performance evaluation for direct reports.
- Supervise the annual development of, and accountability to, Programmatic logic models, outputs, outcomes, and goals, as well as EA dashboards.
- Ensure core businesses reflect industry best practices and sound planning.
- Supervise the annual development of, and fiscal accountability to, Programmatic budgets.
- Foster departmental collaboration, efficiencies, and cross-pollination, as well as coordination of department-wide programs.
- Support integration of LABA into School Age programs.
- Ensure effective marketing, promotion and recruitment are coordinated for all Youth and Family Programs.
Jewish Educational Leadership (30%)
- Support the development of a 14th Street Y-wide approach to Jewish education and implementation of the curriculum.
- Supervise Community Catalysts work across various departments building relationships, tracking engagement, and fostering affinity groups and cohorts within the larger 14th Street Y community.
- Support the development of a framework to evaluate Jewish learning and impact at Jewish Community Centers like the 14th Street Y.
- Support the vision and implementation of the Downtown Jewish Life Network, and centerpiece events during the year.
Stakeholder Engagement and Development (20%)
- Foster and maintain a comprehensive strategy for Youth and Family programming to engage with key stakeholders in assessing community need, satisfaction with 14th Street Y programming, and development of programmatic lay leaders.
- Support Executive Team in the coordination of fundraising and development for Youth and Family Programs.
- Serve as the face of Youth and Family Programs at the 14th Street Y, building relationships with key community members, and routinely building relationships with families in the core demographic.
Additional responsibilities (10%)
- Attend Gesher Group meetings.
- Other tasks identified with supervision.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Educational Alliance takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Educational Alliance, a 128 year old New York institution, is a vibrant, dynamic organization serving New Yorkers from all walks of life. We serve everyone regardless of the language they speak, where they come from, or their socioeconomic status. We believe that everyone should have a chance to live a better life and that arts and culture, education, health and wellness, and social services can help lay that foundation.
- MBA, MPA, or Master’s of Education preferred
- Attributed to success in the Jewish experiential education industry, with a preference for Jewish Camping
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Recognition for coaching and developing early professional stage Managers and Directors
- Exhibited commitment to building relationships and maintaining strong networks, personal and professional
- Success meeting fiscal goals upwards of $1 million
- Highly organized with strong attention to details and an eye for developing efficient, internal systems and workflow
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in order to meet deadlines and revenue goals
- Team player with a passion for building relationships and fostering partnerships, both internal and external to 14th Street Y
Paid Holidays, Floating Holidays and Personal Days
Comprehensive Health Insurance
Free Gym Membership to our Manny Cantor Center Gym
403(b) Retirement Plan
Discounts to programs at Educational Alliance
Generous Vacation Package