Craig’s Pantry is the only privately funded, volunteer driven, kosher pantry in Broward County, Florida. Our mission is to provide free groceries to all members of the Broward County Jewish community who are in need. While we are especially committed to assisting Holocaust survivors, homebound seniors, individuals with special needs and/or disabilities and victims of domestic violence, we are here to ensure that no Jew in Broward County goes hungry. You need not be religiously observant to receive our help.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for the successful management of Craig’s Kosher Pantry volunteer program, including recruitment, retention, supervision and recognition of volunteers to meet identified operational and special event needs.
· Ensure adequate volunteer involvement and support for all activities and deliveries.
· Provide timely and effective follow-up and service to all volunteer inquiries.
· Create and implement strategies to recruit and place volunteers to meet both Craig’s Pantry and volunteer needs.
· Promote Craig’s Pantry and its volunteer needs in all possible venues including participation in Volunteer Fairs and conducting presentations to community organizations.
· Document processes and complete necessary paperwork for volunteers.
· Update and maintain volunteer database. Track volunteer activities and hours, create and generate volunteer reports.
· Provide direct supervision of all individual and group volunteers.
· Work shoulder to shoulder with volunteers.
· Responsible for the set-up and clean-up of volunteer shifts/events.
· Develop and implement volunteer program evaluation.
· Appropriately communicate with and recognize the efforts of volunteers through a volunteer newsletter, appreciation, recognition events, thank you notes, etc.
· Promotes all volunteer activities enthusiastically and emphasizes the importance of each to Craig’s Pantry success.
· Develop, lead and manage food drives.
· Provide support for food drive special events.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Develop and Maintain Volunteer Database
· Ability to pass a Criminal Background Check
· Strong skills in leadership, problem solving and time management.
· Ability to coordinate well with other staff and team members.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of the community.
· Able to meet deadlines in a timely fashion with attention to detail.
· Possess excellent interpersonal skills in a diverse environment.
· Able to think creatively and strategically.
· Knowledge of Computers and Social Media programs.
· Possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.
· Experience in Grant Writing a plus
Rabbi Cheryl Jacobs at email@example.com