Congregation Anshai Lebowitz desires a passionate and energetic, part-time spiritual leader to conduct Shabbat and Holiday services, officiate at life-cycle events, offer Jewish educational enrichment, and expand membership. Candidates should exhibit enthusiasm, inspire congregants of all ages to want to attend services and events, and drive interest for potential members to choose Anshai Lebowitz as their synagogue. All candidates with rabbinical or cantorial training will be considered. We are committed to increasing CAL’s membership. The successful candidate will embrace that goal and provide leadership in attaining it, B’Ezrat Hashem.
* Rabbinic ordination or cantorial investiture
* Knowledge of and familiarity with Orthodox Judaism
* Experience leading a variety of Shabbat & holiday service formats
* Demonstrated mastery of Hebrew (written and oral)
* Willing to read the full Torah parsha for Shabbat and holidays
* Possess an inspiring, dynamic, and engaging personality
* Ability to work collaboratively and with flexibility
* Outstanding oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Experience teaching in a Sunday or Religious school
* Experience working in the community to recruit non-affiliated Jewish community members
* Experience with fund-raising
Anshai Lebowitz is a small, unique congregation over 100 years old, located in Mequon, a city at the northern boundary of the Milwaukee, Wisconsin metropolitan area on beautiful Lake Michigan.
Practicing "modern orthodoxy with an inclusive approach," men and women enjoy their choice of separate or mixed seating.
Congregation Anshai Lebowitz
Attn: Ruth Ann Guthmann
2415 West Mequon Road
Mequon, WI 53092