Camp Twelve Trails is an innovative, new Jewish day camping venture from the YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood, the JCC on the Hudson, and the Riverdale YM-YWHA. Generously funded by UJA-Federation of New York, it presents a creative, experiential template for Jewish educators to reach upwards of 600 youth over the summer.
Pivotal to our programming model, Neighborhood Coordinators develop outcomes and strategies for learning across camp. Supervising each individual neighborhood, or specialty area of programming, overall responsibilities include articulating a rich, Jewish values-based vision for programming, hiring staff capable of implementing this vision, coaching staff throughout the summer, developing engaging lesson plans, and leading activities large, and small.
Full-time Seasonal, Mondays through Fridays, June 29 – August 18, including 5-8 hours a week of pre camp time devoted to curriculum and program development as well as general camp prep in May and June.
Competitive summer compensation packages available.
● Experience with curriculum development
● Experience with supervision of staff
● Experience with particular modalities, including: Sports and athletics, arts and drama, outdoor adventure, science and technology, or farm to table
● Excel at working collaboratively with others
● Sensitivity of and commitment to diversity and inclusion
Adam Benmoise, Camp Director, email@example.com.