The Development Associate is responsible for supporting and enhancing NCJW’s support from multiple sources including institutional funders, primarily foundations and corporate sponsors, and mid-level individual donors. S/he also assists with activities to support a diverse fundraising program including event coordination, preparation of donor research and briefing materials, creation of informational materials, and management of mailing lists and other data. The Development Associate reports to the Associate Director of Development.
• Cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of mid-level donors.
• Create and maintain a comprehensive tracking system for foundation proposals, letters of inquiry, and grant reports, with an emphasis on planning for and successfully meeting deadlines and grant deliverables.
• Utilize Raisers Edge database to track submitted proposals and donor activity; organize and maintain electronic and hard copy files.
• Track stewardship and promote recognition of existing institutional funders.
• Continuously identify and research new prospective foundation donors through a variety of sources, and coordinate and undertake outreach to secure meetings; selectively be in direct contact with donors and prospective donors.
• Provide writing support for proposals/letters required by leadership and assigned by the Chief Development Officer.
• Assist in the writing and compilation of high-quality proposals, letters of inquiry, correspondence, reports, report attachments, and related materials; ensure timely delivery of final, polished documents.
• Plan and communicate deadlines and timetables to other staff; ensure that relevant staff in other departments is engaged in proposal and report development and review.
• Prepare briefing materials for donor and prospective donor visits (both individuals and foundations); research and compile individuals’ giving history and relevant information, using a variety of sources.
• Assist in event coordination for cultivation events, benefits, VIP travel, and meetings; help coordinate special appeals related to events.
• Responsible for phone-a-thons.
• Other projects as needed.
Street Address: 475 Riverside Drive
Street Address Line 2: Suite 1901
City: New York
State / Province: NY
Postal / Zip Code: 10115
Country: United States