Darshan Yeshiva, a distance learning based conversion to Judaism program with Conservative, Reform and Jewish Renewal rabbis or cantors, is seeking multiple clergy to join our already large team, serving as conversion to Judaism mentors and facilitators.
Rabbis/cantors work with students via distance learning remotely or in-person with no travel required. After students finish their conversion education, rabbis provide the bet din and mikvah, facilitating their conversion. Brit milah is facilitated elsewhere.
Our mentors are paid on a per-student, per month basis. They are able to set their own rates based on how many students they wish to take. They are only paid to be mentors to students; there are no meetings to attend, no boards, presidents, donors, etc. This is a great opportunity for a rabbi or cantor seeking additional income at any stage in their career.
While we love the New York, Florida and Los Angeles Jewish communities, preference will be given to rabbis outside of those areas, especially rabbis in South America. We are not currently hiring Orthodox rabbis or rabbis based in Israel.
Please visit DarshanYeshiva.org to learn more about our organization, values and process.
- Ordination or investment as a rabbi or cantor (MHL or similar)
- Experience working with adult students
- Knowledge of the conversion process and the experience of conversion students
- Ability to facilitate mikvah and bet din in your local area
- Tech skills such as using Skype, Zoom, email, etc.
- Willingness to learn new things and adjust to different ways of providing Jewish education
- We accept rabbis of any denomination (Conservative, Reform, Reconstructionist, Renewal, Secular Humanistic) or post-denominatonal. We do not accept Messianic rabbis or similar
Darshan Yeshiva is the leading provider of online Jewish adult educational programming, with a focus on beginners and Jews by choice. For over six years, we have been working with Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, Reconstructionist and Jewish Renewal rabbis to support converts to Judaism.