Melvin J. Berman Hebrew Academy is an Orthodox Jewish Day School that provides an extraordinary, comprehensive Jewish and secular education in an atmosphere of reverence, good citizenship, and love of the Jewish people and Israel.
We are searching for an Upper School Principal to start during the summer of 2019. Here’s the type of leader we are searching for:
- You possess an internal fire for educational leadership that’s been fanned by experience, connection, and success. We think that:
- You lead by example, in alignment with deeply held values. Your warm, substantial communications are rich with emotional intelligence.
- You are a catalyst for transformational growth. You inspire those around you to aim higher and to row in the same direction in the spirit of teamwork.
- You build communities of collaboration, seeking out opportunities to help others grow into their potentials.
- You take a step back often to ensure that we are all pursuing the same goals.
Day to day, you will work with the Head of School to take the school “from good to great” for students and parents in ninth through twelfth grade in service of the school’s mission.
- You will nurture and grow the professionals who make the Upper School one of the best places in greater Washington D.C. to go to school.
- You will craft communications that excite and grows trust with parents, faculty, and community members.
- You will help to represent us citywide to help grow sustainable, mission-aligned enrollment.
- You will make use of the data we have and find inventive ways to get more.
- You will do all of that within the budget, which you help to design.
In exchange, we offer you the chance to create something truly exciting: a school that really changes the lives of promising, engaged teenagers in the D.C. area, developing them into leaders who serve others. We also offer a generous compensation package.
If what we’ve described here excites you, please contact us via our online application to learn more about the position. The application closes on October 20, 2018.
Berman is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Masters Degree in Education
Minimum of 2 years experience in a school setting
About Melvin J. Berman Hebrew Academy