We are seeking an experienced Rabbi to provide Jewish leadership and pastoral care in support of the Department of Pastoral Care (DPC), at the Fort Belvoir Community Hospital (FBCH). The program will be in keeping with the religious requirements and tenets of the Jewish tradition in order to meet the spiritual and moral needs of the FBCH Jewish community, staff, patients, family members and significant others including all DOD authorized civilians.
Hours: varied, ~10-12 hours per week
Start Date: May 1, 2022, to mid-July (10 weeks) – Temporary Assignment
The Rabbi will:
- Plan, coordinate, and provide pastoral care to include weekly patient visitation, and spiritual leadership as required and requested.
- Assesses and serves the spiritual needs of clients and family members, including leading services for funerals, memorial services, weddings, Simchat Torah, Sukkot, Chanukah, Purim, Shavuot, Tisha B’ Av, and Passover Seder, among others.
- Other events as requested.
- The contracted Rabbi is to provide Jewish Essential Elements of Religious Services (EERS) to FBCH patients and staff members including worship at weekly Friday afternoon services, worship at Jewish holiday services; and emergency pastoral care and counseling that is specific to Jewish requirements.
- The Contracted Rabbi will provide professional Jewish denominational services inclusive to Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, and Reconstructionist Jews, and provides other specialized services as per the dictates of the Jewish Religion.
- Conduct a weekly Friday afternoon worship service to include Sermon.
- The contracted Rabbi will conduct Basic Religious Services at FBCH. The Contracted Rabbi will conduct Jewish Worship Services for 50 weeks of the contract period, factoring in two weeks of scheduled leave per 12-month contract period.
- The contracted Rabbi will be permitted two weeks of vacation time during the 12-month contract period. If the contracted Rabbi requires more vacation time than the allocated two weeks, the contractor shall provide a qualified Rabbi to ensure no lapses in scheduled services and Jewish High Holy Day services.
- The contracted Rabbi shall maintain adequate records of worship functions, emergency services performed, and answer inquiries about the Jewish worship program.
- Timely Arrival for Services: The Contracted Rabbi shall be on location prior to scheduled services to ensure proper preparation for successful performance.
- The contractor is responsible for personal and professional training as a current Jewish Rabbi. Documentation of such training shall be provided to the COR and to the Senior Chaplain at FBCH.
- Personal Appearance. The Jewish Rabbi shall dress in a neat, professional manner in keeping with standard practices, and will wear the proper clerical garb of their profession.
- Transportation: The contractor will furnish their own transportation to and from FBCH, Fort Belvoir, Virginia, or to the designated place within the National Capital Region.
All applicants requiring alternative methods of application or screening should contact LPR International directly.
LPR International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran, military discharge status, criminal records that have been sealed or expunged, arrest records not resulting in a conviction or any other characteristic protected by federal, state and/or local law.
- Be an ordained Jewish Rabbi(s), shall be an ordained Jewish Rabbi who possesses the current and valid faculties of his or her synagogue; fully qualified and experienced in providing pastoral care to patients, family members, and staff. The contract provider must meet all of the credential and educational requirements of the Jewish denomination.
- Must be sensitive to religious pluralism, and qualified spiritually, morally, intellectually and emotionally to serve as a Rabbi for the duration of the contract.
- Possess ecclesiastical endorsement, dated within the past 12 months, from their official national endorsing authority.
- Must possess four units of verifiable Clinical Pastoral Education as defined by the Association for Pastoral Education (ACPE) or its equivalent as determined by the Chief, Department of Pastoral Care, and FBCH.
- Be experienced in providing religious care, in a hospital environment, to patients, staff and family members. Must also have knowledge, skills, and ability in the following areas: pastoral care and counseling of all Faiths, spiritual direction, sermon preparation and delivery, theology, ecclesiology, liturgy, ministrations, marriage and family ministry, and the basic ecclesiastical annulment process.
- The Contractor is required to maintain Jewish Rabbi faculties and endorsement at all times during performance of this contract. Should this endorsement be lost or withdrawn, another qualified Rabbi will be provided to fulfill the terms of the contract.
- Possess a knowledge and ability in the following areas: pastoral care and counseling, trauma resolution, sermon preparation and delivery, Jewish law and ecclesiology, liturgy, and marriage and family ministry.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and staff members; and well enough to preach fluently in English.
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green card holder)
email@example.com or apply directly via our website at https://lprinternational.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=175&source=aWQ9MjQ%3D.
About LPR International
LPR International is an experienced Government Contractor providing business solutions to Federal, State and Local Government and to commercial businesses. Our services provide strategic support for your organization and operations. Our customized solutions are created by our well qualified and experienced professionals supported by our project management office that is adept at managing people and processes.
Our tailored services are agile, adaptable and reliable providing a hands-on service that is second to none. Certified by a variety of Federal, State and Local Government agencies as an SBA 8(a), Woman Owned Small Business, Minority Business Enterprise/Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, we have significant experience providing cutting edge solutions and services to support our customers. Our solutions include Program and Project Management, Acquisition Support Services, IT Support, Professional Services and Administrative Support. We offer flexible, tailored services and customized delivery.
We serve customers throughout the USA and internationally.