jHUB is seeking to fill a new full-time position of Engagement Rabbi or Cantor. The primary objective for this clergyperson will be to make Jewish spirituality, ethics, and values directly applicable to the lives of young adults in our community. The engagement clergyperson will join the team with three other full-time staff and will be supervised by the Director of jHUB.
jHUB is a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment. The Engagement Rabbi or Cantor will be a full partner in this creative team and will participate in jHUB programming and planning. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be highly organized and collaborative, detail oriented, have strong time management skills, be open minded, and someone who thrives in a fluid, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment.
· Lead creative alternative worship services and meditative experiences.
· Create innovative ways to draw young adults and the under-affiliated into Jewish study.
· Create, plan and implement other engagement opportunities, including but not limited to programs within Jewish life for young adults.
· Manage event logistics.
· Collaborate, as appropriate, with local Jewish clergy and institutions.
· Spearhead social action initiatives, in partnership with jHUB’s Communications and Events Manager, in the Greater Cleveland area.
· Create networks between jHUB participants.
· Connect with members of the target audiences in coffee houses and other off-site venues.
· Lead retreats and travel experiences.
· Participate with the jHUB team in strategic planning and determining the future direction of jHUB.
· Develop, with help from the Director of jHUB, matrices to set goals and evaluate progress.
· A spiritual entrepreneur.
· A dynamic and charismatic personality.
· An inspiring worship leader.
· A knowledgeable and effective teacher.
· Open to officiating at lifecycle events for interfaith couples.
· A self-starter who relishes working as part of a team.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Approachable, friendly, and non-judgmental.
· Excellent listener.
· High emotional intelligence.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Compassionate and sensitive to the needs of others.
· Excited about working in the revitalized, thriving city of Cleveland.
· Preferred: musical ability, experience with meditation or mindfulness techniques
Rabbinic ordination or investiture from a recognized seminary.
jHUB provides new ways for interfaith couples and families to comfortably explore, discover, and personalize the meaning of Jewish culture and values in the modern world. jHUB provides a variety of opportunities to support an individual’s or family’s exploration of Judaism including social gatherings, holiday experiences, Jewish learning, clergy referral service, personalized Jewish connections, and more. In addition to its programs, jHUB works with Jewish institutions and others to create awareness and sensitivity to the unique needs of interfaith families, and foster a welcoming, inclusive Jewish community throughout Greater Cleveland.
jHUB is a joint initiative of the Jewish Federation of Cleveland and the Jewish Education Center of Cleveland, and is an affiliate of InterfaithFamily. Learn more at www.jHUBCle.org.