Join Hillels of Georgia as Reform Rabbi and Senior Jewish Educator to animate and elevate the Jewish experience on campus. As a Jewish leader, you will provide leadership for the campus community through grassroots community organizing, creating spiritual connection, and relationship building. The Reform Rabbi promotes vibrancy in Jewish life through creative initiatives reflective of core Reform Jewish values. In partnership with exceptional colleagues, you will encourage sustained engagement in social action, make Jewish learning relevant and accessible, and spur innovative growth in ritual and prayer. This position serves Emory Hillel (75%) and Hillel at Georgia Tech (25%) and reports to the Emory and Georgia Tech Directors.
What Youll Do:
- Create and coordinate programming around social action – recruit and engage micro communities and student leadership in planning a combination of study, community organizing, and direct action to address contemporary issues.
- Build personal relationships with approximately 100-150 students from diverse backgrounds through meaningful conversations and opportunities to participate in Jewish life on campus. A significant portion of these students should be previously uninvolved in Jewish life.
- Recruit, mentor, and support student engagement interns in extending the reach of the Reform community on campus.
- Offer formal and informal educational experiences rooted in Reform Jewish values to interested students of various backgrounds.
- Serve as thought partner with colleagues in envisioning creative opportunities for Jewish learning in a variety of program contexts.
- Build a culture of Jewish practice for Reform students, developing meaningful prayer and ritual outlets for Shabbat and Holidays.
What Your Day-to-Day Looks Like:
- Plan and implement social action initiatives in collaboration with student leaders.
- Have coffee with students from various backgrounds to build strong relationships and invite them into Jewish life.
- Facilitate weekly training and development of Reform student engagement interns.
- Teach in formal and informal settings across campus.
- Prepare students for leadership in prayer and creative ritual experiences.
What Youll Bring to the Job:
- Rabbinic ordination from Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion.
- Experience in community organizing, campus work, youth movements, camping, or experiential Jewish education.
- Proven success in community building and outreach, and previous experience in program visioning and implementation.
- Expertise in leading complex conversations about Judaism and Israel in a way that is approachable and meets students at various points in their personal Jewish journeys.
- A commitment to creating an inclusive, vibrant and pluralistic Jewish community.
- A strong pro-Israel perspective.
- Creative problem-solving, entrepreneurial spirit, proactive communication, and collaboration.
What Youll Receive:
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace. The salary for this role is $85,000.
- An amazing work environment with passionate colleagues.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
About Emory Hillel, Hillel at Georgia Tech, and Atlanta:
Emory University offers an exciting and well-balanced environment for Jewish life, and has become a destination for Jewish students nationwide, recently ranked #1 overall for Jewish students by The Forward. Emory Hillel has been on campus for over 60 years and has called the beautiful Marcus Hillel Center home since 2010. Approximately 20 percent of Emory Universitys undergraduates are Jewish, and Hillel works with a robust network of campus partners to support the Jewish journey of this substantial population.
Hillel at Georgia Tech is located in the heart of midtown Atlanta surrounded by the beautiful and vibrant city. Our location provides many unique opportunities to get connected to the greater Atlanta arts, culture, and social scene. Georgia Tech's reputation as a top engineering school and innovation hub ensures that the school attracts outstanding students.
Emory Hillel and Hillel at Georgia Tech are part and parcel of Hillels of Georgia and benefit from partnership with colleagues on campuses across the state.
Atlanta is one of the ten largest cities in the United States and the vibrant cultural and economic capital of the southeast. It is home to some of the most recognizable brands in the world, including Coca Cola, Delta, Home Depot, and UPS. A scenic urban center, Atlantas social calendar includes numerous nightly opportunities spread throughout its character-rich neighborhoods. Atlanta is also home to extensive opportunities in Jewish life, with a Jewish population of more than 100,000. Its diverse pluralistic Jewish community, well-supported infrastructure, and social scene offer plentiful opportunities for personal growth.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
New Applicants: Select Apply for this Position to submit your application and create an account.
Previous Applicants: Scroll to the Previous Applicants section. Please input your e-mail address and password to login, and select Add to My Jobs to login and submit your application.
About Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life
About Hillel International:
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with students that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillels of Georgia is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.