The Director of Adult Engagement oversees the Jewish Community Centers annual Jewish Book Fair, Jewish Film Festival and Distinguished Speakers series.
This position is integral to the success of two major annual festivals and a distinguished speakers series. From beginning to end, large picture to the smallest detail, the Director is responsible for every aspect of these programs.
Since our establishment in 1926, the JCC has played a central role in the physical, social, spiritual and educational well-being of the Jewish and general community of Metropolitan Detroit. Located in West Bloomfield, our facility offers year-round programming for families, children, teens and adults. We also feature a fitness center, three swimming pools, a summer day camp, a child development center, an inline hockey center, an interactive children's museum and an art gallery - to name a few!
We continue to expand and diversify our programs, but our goals have remained the same since our founding: to provide the finest programming, events and services, and to guarantee that our JCC is a place of Jewish values where everyone is welcome regardless of age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, ability or financial status.
THE MISSION of the Jewish Community Center of Metropolitan Detroit is to support Jewish unity, ensure Jewish continuity and enrich Jewish life while conveying the importance of well-being within the Jewish and general community and the people of Israel.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an independent self-starter and driven yet also a team player
- Understand the JCC yearly program calendar and the schedule as it revolves around the festivals and programs
- Be an experienced supervisor
- Be a detailed oriented professional
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Possess excellent communication skills, experience with working with lay leaders and volunteers, and experience working closely with committees
- Be adept at handling critical situations with ease and sensitivity
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Be proficient using Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher and Outlook
- Have experience with Jewish programming preferred
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's Degree preferred