Congregation Kneses Tifereth Israel (KTI) is located in Port Chester, NY. Serving the Westchester County and Greenwich, CT Jewish community, we are an egalitarian, progressive congregation that is presently seeking a full-time rabbi.
The successful candidate must have the ability to fulfill the role of a congregational leader and serve the spiritual needs of our community. You will:
- Lead a community with diverse needs
- Participate in membership development, fundraising, and outreach through direct
solicitation and planned events
- Tend to life cycle needs of the congregation
- Lead services including reading Torah periodically and delivering weekly sermons
- Be instrumental in developing relationships with our members and in growing membership through community outreach
- Work closely with the preschool to engage toddlers and their families while integrating them into the KTI community
- Educate all age groups from preschoolers to religious school students to adult education
- Partner with our full-time cantor (who is also our Religious School director) to develop educational and social programming
- Attend Board of Trustees meetings
- Be our representative within the local Interfaith community
What Makes You Standout
- You are up to the challenge of balancing the diverse needs of our congregation and those looking to join—from preschool parents to our most senior members, from our Shabbat regulars to High Holiday attendees, and everyone in-between
- Your congregation is your priority—your interests align with those of our KTI community
- You have fresh and effective ideas for programming, fundraising, and growing our membership
- You understand the specific needs of Interfaith families and those in the LGBTQ community
- You are passionate about Jewish education and learning across all generations
- You deliver inspirational sermons that are researched, relevant, and make the congregation think, feel, and reflect on what it means to be Jewish in the 21st Century
- Ordained by a recognized Jewish seminary or an appropriate rabbinic training program
- Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal, and presentation skills, as well as a proficiency with social media
How to Apply
Submit the following to RabbiSearchKTI@gmail.com
- Cover Letter
- Résumé or C.V.
- Two Writing Samples
These can include examples of liturgy that you have written for Shabbat, other services, or holiday celebrations. Sermons or remarks are also welcome, as are published essays.
- Three (3) References
- Salary Requirements
About Congregation Kneses Tifereth Israel
Congregation KTI is dedicated to helping members engage with Jewish traditions, culture, spirituality, and tikkun olam in meaningful ways. KTI is a multi-generational congregation where everyone is welcome and everybody counts. We are a community of over 175 families that value our long history, while embracing 21st-Century Judaism and welcome all families committed to Jewish life—single parent, Interfaith, and LGBTQ included. This rich heritage and sense of inclusion is felt while worshipping in one of America’s 20 most architecturally significant synagogues.