As a Reconstructionist Synagogue located in Summit, NJ, we make Judaism relevant to our modern lives and strive to create a sense of unity among our diverse community. We are deep-thinking, caring and accepting individuals with different degrees of Jewish knowledge and practice, different lifestyles, and varying viewpoints on contemporary issues. And we are excited that our children want to attend religious school each week.
Congregation Beth Hatikvah has very active and committed lay leaders, a religious school director, an office administrator, a facilities manager, and a seasoned lay cantor. Our congregation seeks a full-time rabbinic leader for this coming July 2023 to work with our current rabbi who is retiring soon.
Ideally, we would love our rabbi to be:
- A Spiritual Leader who can create a sense of spiritual excitement (Ruach) and meet people where they are in their Jewish identity.
- An Educator who teaches us and moves us to think deeply about our beliefs, customs, community and the world.
- An Educator who can teach our youngest as well as our oldest members.
- A Collaborator who enjoys working with lay leadership to build a Jewish community, is flexible to ideas, willing to try new things and adjust/pivot as needed.
- A Guide, teacher, scholar, advisor, and an important voice among many managing our community.
- A Storyteller who can hold our interests while teaching us and leading us in our exploration of Judaism.
- Someone who makes us want to be included and involved in the Congregation.
- An active member of our surrounding community’s clergy.
- Open to differences in perspective, lifestyles, and approaches to Judaism.
- Compassionate, sharing in the joys and sorrows of members and reaching out to those in need or distress.
- An Intellectual offering sound advice based on a deep knowledge of Jewish texts, history, and culture and an understanding of secular disciplines.
- A person who enjoys music, art, poetry, and/or theatre in our services and our learning.
- 7.5% Social Security Reimbursement
- Percentage of salary may be allocated to pension
- $1,000 Convention Subsidy
- 4 weeks of vacation time
- 2 days off each week
- Subsidized medical benefits
- Professional dues
- Automobile allowance
- Relocation assistance
About Congregation Beth Hatikvah
Congregation Beth Hatikvah serves approximately 135 families in the surrounding area of Summit, NJ. Our services are inspirational, personal and fun! We are currently featuring virtual services, hybrid services, streamed services, and in-person services. We are an affiliated Reconstructionist Synagogue.