We are looking for an inspirational leader to guide a Reform congregation of 110 families, to nurture and build Beth El as a thriving community in a manner consistent with the values and teachings of Reform Judaism; provide Beth El members a strong sense of Jewish identity and community belonging through spiritual leadership, pastoral support, and program development and execution.
- Lead services, including holidays, coordinate and develop lay leaders who also lead services
- Officiate at life cycle events, including funerals, weddings, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, help members prepare for life cycle events
- Oversee the religious school, including teaching as required
- Develop programming and learning for adults, including conversion candidates
- Pastoral counseling for members
- Collaborate with the Congregational Board, its committees, and staff, including proper record keeping and communication with the Board and the President
Beth El is a close-knit caring community, looking for a compassionate and energetic leader.
Our building is currently closed due to Covid-19. Services and other programming are held via Zoom.
The interview process will be remote.
Send resume and cover letter, including three references to email@example.com
- Comprehensive Jewish liturgical, spiritual, and cultural knowledge
- Hebrew – proficient in reading, speaking, and teaching
- Proficient Torah reader and chanter
- Warm, welcoming, compassionate
- Highly effective communicator
- Strong technology skills
- Music abilities a plus
- Ability to relocate to Windsor, ON, Canada
• Flexible schedule
• Part-time position approx. 20 hours a week
About Congregation Beth El of Windsor
Congregation Beth El is a close-knit Reform community of 110 households, established in 1959. We are a Reform Congregation with a warm approach to tradition. We embrace all who are interested in creating a Jewish life for themselves and their families by fostering an environment of openness, inclusiveness and acceptance. We welcome all who enter our doors for worship, learning, friendship and support. We embrace diversity in all forms and promote equality for all.