Campus Rabbi/Associate Director, Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach
At Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach, we’re looking for an engaging and passionate Campus Rabbi who will inspire and guide students in Jewish life on and off campus; oversee the engagement, educational and religious opportunities we provide; and help shape a welcoming, inclusive atmosphere for our diverse student population. With nearly 8000 Jewish students at five colleges and universities, Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach is the central address for Jewish campus life throughout our two-county area. The Campus Rabbi/Associate Director will be an integral member of our management team, inspiring both staff and students to learn, grow Jewishly, plan and execute meaningful programs, and provide leadership and mentorship.
- Strengthen the worship and learning options at Hillel to help empower students to produce their own creative Jewish experiences, community, and to develop adult religious identities
- Lead, coordinate, implement, and evaluate all aspects of Jewish holiday programming and observances on campus including High Holidays, Pesach, and Shabbat
- Work with Executive Director to craft an educational vision and strategy for Hillel, creating innovative opportunities for formal, informal, and experiential Jewish learning
- Teach regular classes at Hillel and study one-on-one and in small groups with students; including the facilitation of the Lunch & Learn programs at FAU and NSU
- Engage students and other constituents in Jewish conversation through social media and other creative means
- Serve as a key Jewish educational resource for students and professionals on campus, helping to mentor and enrich Jewish journeys and enhance staff members’ ability to facilitate Jewish opportunities for students
- Proactively form meaningful relationships with students from a variety of Jewish backgrounds, including students less involved in the organized Jewish community, and create opportunities for them to deepen their participation in the life of the Jewish people
- Mentor current and emerging Hillel leaders, deepening their facility with Jewish practice and thought and enhancing their leadership skills
- Advise and inform various committees of the Board of Directors
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with campus offices and student groups/cultural communities, advocating for Jewish life on campus and the acceptance of religious observation
- Represent Hillel in the local Jewish community through rabbinic organizations, participating in community functions and other activities as appropriate
- Oversee the general engagement strategy that supports robust program activities, including supervision of program and engagement professionals
Rabbinic ordination from an accredited institution, and a true commitment to a pluralistic approach to Jewish life
4+ years of experience working with young adults: community organizing, informal education, camping, and/or other types of organizational involvement
A team-oriented approach to work, a strong work ethic, proven experience thinking and acting strategically to reach goals, a sense of humor, patience, and an ability to take risks and learn from situations when things don't turn out the way you thought they would
Exemplary judgment, a strong sense of self, an understanding of your strengths and challenges, and the ability and willingness to act as a leader and a solid Jewish role model to students and staff alike
Ability to work flexible hours including some nights, weekends, and holidays
Experience supervising/mentoring staff and young adults
Skills and comfort in a technology-rich environment
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace.
A comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary, including: health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
Travel abroad, particularly to Israel
Unlimited paid coffee dates with students
Some of the most enthusiastic colleagues in the entire Hillel system
About Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach
Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach has created a pluralistic, welcoming and inclusive environment to foster student growth while inspiring students to be dedicated to Jewish life, culture, values and peoplehood on at the five colleges and universities we serve - Florida Atlantic University, Nova Southeastern University, Lynn University, Broward College, and Palm Beach State College. Through tzedek (social justice) programs, Jewish learning, spirituality, trips to Israel and social and religious events, Hillel engages students on their own terms while empowering students who already participate to energize and deepen their Jewish commitment.
South Florida is home to one of the largest Jewish communities in the United States. Our main facility, the Levine Weinberger Jewish Life Center, is located in Boca Raton on the main campus of Florida Atlantic University. The Boca Jewish community is extremely active, with several Jewish day schools, myriad synagogues, and a variety of opportunities for organizational involvement. And we've got some of the best weather in the country – warm and sunny year round, and never, ever any snow.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with students that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.Hillel.org/Jobs and include your resume and cover letter.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/hn2mm6b6q7
Apply Online: http://www.Click2apply.net/hn2mm6b6q7