Want to work one-on-one as a rabbi, educator and mentor for an organization that is growing by leaps and bounds, utilizing new models of Jewish community as well as the latest learning technology?
Darshan Yeshiva is currently searching for rabbis to be part of our growing conversion program. We currently offer our program in English and Italian, but wish to expand into the Spanish-speaking community.
As part of our conversion program, you would be responsible for mentoring students via phone, Skype or in-person, assisting students through their online educational process, providing a meaningful rabbi-student relationship, as well as facilitating the student’s mikvah and bet din. You get to choose how many of our students you work with and can add more students at any time. You will generally meet with students once per month for ten months and at the end of ten months they will come to you for their mikvah date. Rabbis can choose to work online entirely (working with students from all over the world who come to them for their bet din and mikvah) or with students in their area.
- Spanish and English fluency
- Rabbinic ordination or cantoral investment. Last year rabbinical students are also welcome to apply. Preference is given to Reform clergy but we are open to other denominational affiliation
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse groups of people with different Jewish backgrounds/affiliations
- High ethical and professional standards
- Comfort working independently with strong organization/time management skills
- Comfort using email, Skype, etc.
- An interest in growing the Jewish world and Jewish engagement through new models
We provide the entire administrative backbone allowing you to do what you do best -- being a rabbi! Rabbis choose their own hours, pay scale, work location and more.
We are NOT your typical synagogue/Jewish non-profit. We are more like a tech startup. We are radically disruptive (in a good way). We believe in the power of Jewish education to make the world better. We hope you do, too.