The National Synagogue Initiative Director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Synagogue Initiative department, which is focused on increasing pro-Israel political activism in the Synagogue community by building relationships with Rabbis and Synagogue Congregations.
- Oversee all aspects of the Synagogue Initiative Department in the Washington, D.C. office and AIPAC Regional offices.
- Work closely with other AIPAC Senior staff, departments, and regional offices. Coordinate fundraising efforts with the Development department.
- Recruit, hire, and supervise all Synagogue Initiative staff, including a National Deputy Director, Regional Synagogue Initiative Directors and Deputy Directors (in conjunction with Regional Directors), and administrative staff.
- Plan and implement department wide strategies based on the current goals of the program
- Evaluate and provide ongoing training of Synagogue Initiative staff.
- Oversee the planning and execution of major annual programs: National Rabbinical Symposium, Shabbaton, and Synagogue Initiative programming at Policy Conference.
- Public speaking on behalf of AIPAC and the Synagogue Initiative Program to Rabbis, Synagogue congregations, and other audiences at events of various sizes.
- Assess the material and communications needs of the national and regional Synagogue Initiative staff and facilitate the production of such materials in conjunction with the Communications Department.
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of materials describing Synagogue Initiative activities for internal and external use.
- Oversee the budget and finances of the Synagogue Initiative department with respect to the organization’s budget.
- 10+ years of experience in Israel advocacy.
- 5 to 7 years of management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Israel, the American Jewish community, and Rabbinic communities.
- Strong management abilities.
- Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Committed to the mission of the Synagogue Initiative program, and the mission of AIPAC as a whole.
- Ability to travel.
- Please provide cover letter with resume to be considered. Incomplete applications with missing documentation will not be considered.
- If applying for more than one position please use the ‘Attachments’ function to attach position specific cover letter.
- Please use your legal name when completing the employment application. (No nicknames)
- AIPAC is an equal opportunity employer.