The Associate Rabbi will strive to engage all members of the synagogue community and support the Senior
Rabbi in his day-to-day role. The Associate Rabbi will help congregation members feel engaged and
valued, making Judaism relevant to their lives.
The Associate Rabbi will assist and support the Senior Rabbi. Key areas of focus for this position will include:
• Planning and delivering a broad variety of educational, cultural, and social programs
• Building deep and intentional relationships with members, thereby increasing their engagement with the congregation
• Sharing pulpit and pastoral activities, in accordance with the Senior Rabbi’s vision and availability
• Participating as an integral member of the religious leadership team
• Engaging and becoming connected with the broader community
• Supporting to the Senior Rabbi in attracting and maintaining members in the congregation
Deadline for application submissions: February 16th, 2024
Qualities and Skills
• Ordination from a recognized institution
• Undergraduate Degree
• Personal warmth, the ability to relate in a relaxed and caring way to people of various backgrounds
• A love of teaching and ability to communicate the principles of Torah and Jewish values
• Ability to work collaboratively with lay leaders, clergy, executive team and administrative team
• Ability to inspire confidence and gain trust
• Preparedness to entertain and socialize on Shabbat and Holidays
• Willingness to develop skills as necessary
• Strong verbal and communication skills
• Driver’s license
• Organizing events and programs
• Teaching young adults
• Pastoral work
• Musical talent a plus
• Previous pulpit experience with Conservative Judaism and its institutions
Benefits including a supplementary health care plan to be included.
About Adath Israel Congregation
A caring and inclusive multi-generational congregation that infuses Judaism into the lives of our members.
Adath Israel is committed to inspiring meaningful Jewish lives in a supportive community through prayer, learning, culture, and chesed.
Many vital committees, such as Brotherhood, Women of Adath, Club L’ Chayim (55+), the Chesed Committee, Young Families, Teens and Young Adults and numerous exciting social and educational programmes have been created over the years to meet the evolving needs of our membership, which currently boasts about 1,400 families. With the multitude of activites offered for children right through to seniors, there is truly something for everyone!
After over 100 years of growth and achievements, Adath Israel Congregation looks confidently to the challenges of the future.